Monday, March 12, 2012

Meet Katherine!

Meet Katherine McElvain!

Hi there, I'm Katherine, and if you are reading this, then you and I have something in common...we love The Scrapbook Store!
I am so fortunate and honored to be part of the Scrapbook Store team and this hobby has become such an important part of my life. So what better way to tell you a little bit about myself in combination with my addiction to scrapbooking, than by peeking at some of my projects.

My favorite person in the whole world is my husband Ricky

Some of my other favorite people are the rest of my gang, being my 4 crazy, but wonderful kids.

Our family spends time practicing and playing sports,

celebrating milestones,

going on little adventures,

spending a lot of time at home,

and and trying to do all this while remembering the blessings God has given us.

Some of the greatest opportunities scrapbooking has laid in front of me is being an instructor here at TSS and becoming a Bella Blvd Artista. Because of the challenges I have been assigned as an Artista and an instructor my hobby has evolved, and I have discovered parts of the craft that I may have not otherwise tried. Most of what I scrap these days is done with Bella, and it is my favorite product line by far..

I've learned to play with Photoshop Elements.

I've stepped outside my comfort zone and have created altered projects.

And I have been lucky enough to have some of my creations published in magazines including Memory Makers and Creating Keepsakes.


I love the hobby because it is a social and creative outlet all at the same time. I have meet some great people, made some wonderful friends, and can share the hobby with my family. They even join in the creative process sometimes.

So no one can really complain about all the products I have collected over the years, can they? Because I intend them to be a gift for anyone who cares about my creations in the future. And if no one else wants what I have created I am hoping that when I am old and grey, sitting in my rocking chair, trying to remember the days gone by, I will be able to haul out what I have created to reminisce on the good old days.

If you want to see more of my projects and peek into my life you can go to my blog here
Thanks for taking the time to get to know me...I'll see you at the store!

1 comment:

  1. Cute post! I wish I were there to enjoy the social hobby that is scrapping with The Scrapbook Store nearby! These days it's not as social...just me in my basement with Hulu.

    ReplyDelete